Host a Screening
Teach Me To Be WILD is a universal healing story that brings together many interconnected elements: children, animals, nature, ancient wisdom, and the power of silence and safe, non-judgmental listening spaces.
Our initial screenings have found resonant audiences in middle school, high school and university students, parents, educators, university professors, spiritual leaders, medical doctors, at-risk-teen organizations, justice-involved-youth advisors, wildlife caregivers/educators and healers.
The film, it’s thematic content and pace, allows for reflections and lends itself to community screenings followed by a circle of sharing, discussion and journaling.
If you are interested in organizing a public or private screening, please write to us with information about your proposed screening.
Our screening kit (currently in development) will include a DVD or streaming access, a discussion guide, screening guide and digital files of film promotional images and poster. On occasion, the filmmakers and featured interviewees may participate in a community screening and Q&A afterwards.
Grade Levels: Middle School, High School, Higher Education, Continuing Studies
Languages: English Subtitles: English, Mandarin, Spanish
Film Running Time. 59 mins
SERVICE SPACE LEADERSHIP RETREAT, Bolinas, CA. A fully volunteer-run grassroots organization that operates in the gift economy and enables a diverse set of projects powered by kindness and generosity. Website
CONVENING EDUCATORS FOR HUMAN SUSTAINABILITY, Saratoga, CA. Diverse educator forum comprising esteemed teachers and innovative thought leaders collaborating on a sustainable vision for education.
KOZMETSKY GLOBAL COLLABORATORY, STANFORD UNIVERSITY, CA. Provides a social and intellectual framework for researchers who want to be involved in creating shareable prosperity. Website
BERKELEY BUDDHIST MONASTERY, Berkeley, CA. A Chan Buddhist monastery in Berkeley, California affiliated with the City of Ten Thousand Buddhas and led by Heng Sure. It is the site of the Institute for World Religions, founded by Hsuan Hua. Website
DHARMA REALM BUDDHIST UNIVERSITY, Ukiah, CA. DRBU is a private school dedicated to liberal education in the broad Buddhist tradition — a tradition characterized by knowledge in the arts and sciences, self-cultivation, and the pursuit of wisdom. Website
IGDV GIRLS SCHOOL, City of Ten Thousand Buddhas, Ukiah, CA. "Instilling Goodness & Virtue Developing Schools" emphasizes educating the mind and spirit, so that the students have a solid foundation for being a person. In the future, they will base their actions on virtue and serve as models for others. Website
- APR 2, 2017. COMMUNITY SCREENING. LARK THEATER, LARKSPUR, CA. Screening + Q&A with filmmakers.
- APR 28, 2017. GREENWOOD SCHOOL (Waldorf-inspired pre-K through 8th grade school). Mill Valley, CA. Private Screening + Circle of Sharing with the filmmakers. Website
- APR 29, 2017. COMMUNITY SCREENING. ODD FELLOWS, HALF MOON BAY, CA. Screening + Q&A with filmmakers. Details
- MAY 22, 2017. SEDONA INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL, Sedona, AZ. Screening + Q&A with filmmakers. Event in support of Mental Health Awareness Month. Details
- JUNE 9, 2017. MARGARET J. KEMP GIRLS CAMP, San Mateo, CA. Girls Camp for justice-involved youth from the ages of 13 to 18 years. Screening + Circle of Sharing with filmmakers. Website
- JUNE 12, 2017. GOOGLE, INC, Mountain View, CA. Screening + Q&A with filmmakers at Google's corporate headquarters.
- JUL 22, 2017. CENTER FOR CREATIVE LEARNING (CCL), San Jose, CA. Screening for ex-Foundry School Students, 500 Mile Spirit Runners and congregation of CCL. Screening + Circle of Sharing with filmmakers. Website
- JUL 26, 2017. JERICHO PROJECT, Brisbane, CA. A resident transformation/healing center for convicts with suspended sentences. Screening + Circle of Sharing with filmmakers. Website
- AUG 12, 2017. A GOOD SPACE, Singapore. A safe space that brings together people to have a truthful dialog about meaningful issues and embark on a journey of self-discovery and friendship. RSVP | Website | Post Screening Reflections
PLEASE SIGN-UP HERE FOR INFORMATION ON UPCOMING SCREENINGS